USSA RACERS AND FAMILY ………………………………
Yes, USSA cancelled the Brule Finale Race for this weekend at Ski Brule. We are all aware as to why this was the responsible thing to do, even if we are disappointed that it has been cancelled. It’s my FAVORITE event of the year!!
So what does this mean? Do we sit back and cry over it? NO WAY! That is NOT the Brule way of handling things. We aren’t going to sit and cry over spilled milk … NO WAY! Brule is going to turn that spilled milk into the most amazing milkshake you’ve ever had!
1. SNOW: Ski Brule has 17 of 17 trails open with a ton of snow. No bare spots here and we’ will be riding well into April with all the snow on the slopes.
2. Special Ticket Pricing: Racers and Family Members that have registered for the event and are on the registered event listing will receive discounted lift tickets this weekend! $45 Single Day and $90 two day lift tickets for both adults and juniors. Children ages 9 & under lift tickets are FREE!!! This special lift ticket discount is available to purchase Friday opening through 7:00 pm. Thereafter, regular prices will apply.
3. Race Training: Want time in the gates? No problem. Rae training space will be available on Whitewater Saturday and Sunday. Training space is at no additional cost!
4. Friday Race Training: Special Friday training ticket was available … and is still available to racers and their family members! $30 Lift tickets for anyone age 10 & up. Age 0-9 lift tickets are FREE! This special pricing is ONLY available at Bear’s Den Pro Shop on Friday.
5. Goodies: Just because the race has been cancelled doesn’t mean you don’t get the ‘good stuff’. Everyone that is on the USSA race list will receive a FREE Ski Brule shirt and FREE goodie bag! Both are available at Bear’s Den Pro Shop.
6.MORE FUN! Petting zoo, bounce houses, face painting and slides will be available on Bambi Trail Saturday and Sunday 10-4:00.
7. Cotton Candy: Who doesn’t like cotton candy? FREE cotton Candy will be available Saturday and Sunday 1-4:00.
8. Saturday & Sunday Race Training: training space is available Saturday and Sunday on Whitewater Trail. Stop in at Guest Service to confirm will be training.
9. FREE 5 Pack Of Tubing: If your name appears on registration list as a participant, stop in at Guest Service to pick up a FREE tubing ticket valid Saturday or Sunday 1-3:00.
10. Homestead BBQ, Tubing and Sleigh Ride: So often, racers and family don’t make it to the Homestead BBQ Dinner because of being tied up with race activities. BUT .. this weekend you can! BBQ is Saturday night 5-8:00 and includes SKi Brule’s famous pulled pork, bbq chicken, sauer kraut, baked beans, mashed potatoes, salad, rolls, apple sauce, cake and choice of beer, wine or non alcoholic beverage. Take the FREE shuttle bus to the BBQ! The shuttle will drop you off at the base of Homestead Trail where you will wait by a bonfire while roasting marshmallows & sipping hot chocolate (both complementary) then the sleigh will bring guests to the BBQ dinner. When you are done filling your tummy, tubing is available at the BBQ … $4/person, unlimited rides.
11. Fun Race: Sign up for the silly slalom at Guest services by 1:30 pm on Saturday. 2:00 Will be the silly slalom on Bambi trail. What kind of silly things will Jess have lined up for this race???
So .. are you ready to play? I am! Ski ya soon!
~Jess & The Ski Brule Team